- You don't have to live by water to be at risk. About 30% of al flood claims occur in low to moderate-risk areas.
- You don't need to live near water to be flooded. Floods are caused by storms, melting snow, hurricanes, and water backup due to inadequate or overloaded drainage systems.
- You can protect your home, business, and belongings with flood insurance from Farmers -- up to $250,000 for the building and $100,000 for contents.
- Flood insurance is a good buy even in low or moderate risk areas. Almost 25 percent of all flood insurance claims come from low- to moderate-risk areas.
- The Preferred Risk Policy is available for just over $100 a year. You can buy up to $250,000 of coverage for your home and $60,000 of coverage for your contents.
- • Flood insurance is affordable.
The average flood insurance policy costs about $300 a year for $100,000 of coverage. In comparison, a disaster home loan for $50,000 can cost you more than $300 a month over 20 years.
- Up to $100,000 contents coverage is available for homeowners and renters.
- Plan ahead before the flood threat.
- Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster. 9 out of 10 disasters in the United States are not declared by the President.